PremiAir best executive aviation provider - for 4th consecutive year
PremiAir, the leading executive helicopter charter operator, has been voted Best Executive Aviation Provider at Buying Business Travel's Diamond Awards 2009, for the fourth year running.
PremiAir scooped the well-respected accolade in the business aviation sector amid tough competition, voted for by the industry's most important customers - those responsible for securing the best service and value from suppliers. Shortlisted candidates were put forward for a final online voting by the magazine's 16,000-strong readership. Others on the shortlist in PremiAir's category were Air Charter Service, Air Partner, Chapman Freeborn, Hunt & Palmer and London Executive Aviation.
The award was collected by PremiAir's Charter and Management team at the magazine's glittering awards ceremony and Christmas ball, held at London's Hurlingham Club on the evening of Thursday 4 December. Leading travel buyers Karen Brand (NATS), Maria McSorley (BlackRock), Sarah Plummer (Merck Sharp & Dohme) and Chris Reynolds (3Sixty) made up the 2009 Nominations Panel, together with some of the UK's top travel journalists including Catherine Chetwynd, Colin Ellson, Bob Papworth, David Richardson and Mike Toynbee (Editor of Buying Business Travel).
"We are delighted to once again receive the endorsement of Buying Business Travel's VIP buyers and its readers. This has been a hugely challenging year for everyone in the industry and this award is especially appreciated as the votes are cast by those who know the industry. I dedicate this award to the people of PremiAir - the charter team, operations, our engineers - who put in all that effort to ensure our clients experience is both special and personal," said PremiAir Group Managing Director David McRobert.
Next year will be a landmark one for PremiAir, owned by the von Essen luxury hotels group, as the new London Heliport is unveiled at Battersea. London's only heliport is well advanced in its major redevelopment, on schedule for inauguration in summer 2009. Complementing the heliport, von Essen's new luxury five-star, 70-bedroom hotel is taking shape - a world-class heliport and hotel for London.
Buying Business Travel was founded in 2003 and is published by Panacea Publishing, which also owns ABTN and Business Traveller. The magazine provides an authoritative voice on travel issues and trends, regularly highlighting the latest products and services for corporate travel buyers and travel arrangers. Buying Business Travel was named Business Travel Publication of the Year at the 2008 Business Travel Journalism Awards.
- Established 25 years ago, PremiAir is the UK's largest Executive Helicopter operating and charter company. It was purchased from the Sir Robert McAlpine Group by von Essen in 2007 and almost concurrently the Group ratified a complementary purchase of The London Heliport, which is managed and operated by PremiAir.
- PremiAir flies approximately 4,000 charter hours a year with its modern fleet of Sikorsky 76s, Eurocopter Twin Squirrels and one Bell 222. It has 18 Executive Helicopters on management programmes, providing a turnkey service to the owner - either private companies or individuals.
- PremiAir Aircraft Engineering, an FAA, EASA, CAA Part 145-approved organisation, is a Hawker Beechcraft Authorised Service Centre supporting the full range of Beechcraft products. For rotary wing support PremiAir is a Sikorsky Service Centre for the S76 (all models) and a Bell Customer Service Facility for Bell 222, 230 and 430. It is also one of the largest Eurocopter maintenance centres in Europe supporting EC155, AS365 Dauphin and AS355 Twin Squirrel. Also it provides for support services on the AgustaWestland 109 model range. PremiAir is also a Pratt & Whitney Canada recognised maintenance facility and is a distributor for Honeywell, Rockwell Collins and numerous other equipment vendors.
- PremiAir Aircraft Engineering boasts Part 21J and G design and manufacturer approvals for aircraft modifications. With a large and experienced design office team, the company provides full refurbishment and upgrade services on most executive helicopter types at its base at Blackbushe and a wide range of fixed wing aircraft, including the full Beechcraft model range at the company's new facilities at Oxford Airport.
- PremiAir is a leading player in the provision of pilots to the UK Police Forces with contracts with 10 UK / Ireland Police Air Support units - both rotary and fixed wing operations.
- In July this year PremiAir established PremiAir Global, an aircraft sales and brokerage specialist, focused on acquiring and selling new and used helicopters and business jets and based at Farnborough Airport, UK.
Awards photos available at www.businesstravelawards.com
Airbus Helicopters will supply three H135 helicopters to the Romanian Ministry of Interior under a contract announced on 19 September. The aircraft will be deployed ...
The first production Mil Mi-38 helicopter has been declared ready for customer delivery and will be operated by Russian Helicopter Systems, a privately owned Russian ...
Urban air taxi pioneer Volocopter has conducted a test flight at Helsinki airport, during which its developmental testbed flew under the remit of both manned ...
The Kamov Ka-62 is accelerating the pace of its flight-testing effort thanks to a second flying prototype, OP-3 joined the programme. The third prototype, OP-2, ...
Precision Aviation Group (PAG) has acquired Momentum Services Corporation (MSC), the company announced on 9 September. MSC provides repair services for LCD flat panel displays ...
Liebherr-Aerospace has signed an agreement with Russian Helicopters’ VR-Technologies subsidiary to supply the environmental control system for the VRT500 helicopter. ‘We are thrilled to have ...