Terms & Conditions
INFORMATION ABOUT US
The site is owned and operated by The Shephard Press Limited (we, our, us). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 01517026 and have our registered office and principle trading address at Saville Mews, 30 Saville Rd, London, W4 5HG, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is GB578457289.
ACCESSING THE SITE
Access to the site is not guaranteed, from time to time we may update, withdraw or amend the content and service provided on the site without notice. We will not be liable if the site or any content is unavailable at any time for any reason. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the site, or the entire site, including to users who have registered and subscribed with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the site, and for ensuring that everyone who accesses our site through your internet connection and/or subscription is aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
If you decide to apply to become a registered user of the site and create an account, you may choose, or you will be provided with, a username, password and any other piece of information we deem necessary as part of our security procedures. You must treat such details and information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. You must provide us with your contact details in the form of your email address, postal address (and any other details we collect from you at registration) so that we can contact you when necessary. You must not impersonate or try to impersonate another person, disclose your password to anyone else, allow anyone else to use your account, use anyone else's account or address. You are responsible for everything done using your account. If you think that someone else may have access to, or be using, your password or account, you must tell us as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com. We have the right to disable any username or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time. We also have the right to suspend or terminate any account at any time.
You must have a valid email registered with us at all times. If an email that we send to you should bounce for some reason, your account may be temporarily suspended until you contact us with a verifiable address.
From time to time we will send you an email containing information about the site. This email may contain news related items, editorial content and other information relevant to the site If you do not want to receive these email, please inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSCRIPTION AND PAYMENT
Some of the site's functionality is free to use. However, if you choose to upgrade/take a subscription, then you or your organisation will be charged for use of the site in accordance with the payment page and your payment choice. All subscriptions are conditional on receipt of payment in advance. If you opt for monthly subscription, you may give notice to terminate your subscription at any time but your subscription will terminate at the end of the month in which you give notice and you will not be refunded the charge for that month. If you opt for the annual subscription, you may give notice to terminate at any time but your subscription will terminate at the end of the year and you will not be refunded your annual subscription charge. If you subscribe on a company wide basis, all users will be affected by any termination. If you opt to subscribe via an initial free trial period, you will be charged for your subscription immediately after the trial period ends. You may cancel your free trial period subscription at any time prior to the end of the trial period in order to avoid any charge. We reserve the right to only permit one free trial period. Please submit any termination requests to us via email to email@example.com, or call us on +44 020 3179 2588, providing your First name, last name, subscription reference number, email address and the reason for your termination. This information must be identical to the information originally submitted on your order subscription signup.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
• in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
• in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
• for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm any person in any way;
• to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which is defamatory, contains any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, promotes sexually explicit material, promotes violence, promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, infringes any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person, is likely to deceive any person, be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence, promote any illegal activity, be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person, be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person, gives the impression that it emanates from us, advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
• to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
• to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of our site;
• any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
• any software used in the provision of our site; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others to material posted on our site. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
By submitting a contribution to us or the site for public display, you agree to grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, transferrable and worldwide licence to use that contribution for any purpose. Although you will still own the copyright in your contribution, we will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your contribution. We may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material. Please note that this clause and the licence in it only applies to content you contribute for public display – it does not apply to the confidential financial and personal information you upload to the site.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Contributions, articles, commentary and other materials posted on our site are provided for general information only and are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. In particular, our content is not, and should not be construed as professional advice. You should not rely on the information on our site to inform your decisions – instead it is information provided to help you make your own decisions and/or to seek professional advice. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site and some related emails include third-party advertisements. The appearance of an advert does not mean that we endorse the advertiser's goods or services. Whilst we will not knowingly run an advert that is untrue, we are not responsible for the accuracy of any advertising material or the usefulness of an advertised product or service.
In some areas of our site you will find product listings. Some of the product providers may have paid us to promote their products and services to you. We do not recommend one product provider over another and these product listings are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all providers of a particular product. It is up to you to decide whether what they offer is right for you or whether you should look elsewhere. Accordingly, we specifically disclaim all liability for any damage or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with your use of a product provider’s product or included in our product listings.
OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided for general information purposes only, without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, any other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
• all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
• any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for, loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time, and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server/servers on which our site or any part of it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with any content standards set out in these terms.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
If you have any concerns about our site, please contact email@example.com.