Rolls-Royce, Kale Group form joint venture
Rolls-Royce and Kale Group are establishing a joint venture company that will target defence opportunities in Turkey, Rolls-Royce announced on 8 May.
Under the agreement, Kale Group will have a 51 percent stake in the joint venture, with Rolls-Royce holding the remaining 49 percent.
The joint venture will target aircraft engines opportunities in the Turkish market, including the TF-X National Fighter Jet project.
Kale Group is the contractor for Turkey's Turbojet engine development project.
Osman Okyay, deputy CEO of Kale Group, said: 'Today we are very pleased and proud to be uniting our energy with one of the biggest jet engine makers of the world. This partnership is a milestone in the development of the aerospace and defence industries of Turkey.'
More from Military Logistics
Rolls-Royce gains major deal to support T-45 Goshawk engine
New contract to support the Ardour turbofan is worth more than $1 billion.
Brazil receives first A330 for multi-role operations
A pair of A330s will be converted by Airbus for aerial refuelling, logistical support, humanitarian aid, and medical evacuations.
General Dynamics NASSCO to build three more US Navy replenishment vessels
The latest $1.4 billion contract modification for General Dynamics NASSCO covers a new Expeditionary Sea Base ship and two more John Lewis-class fleet oilers.
Australia onshores Super Hornet and Growler maintenance elements
New MRO contract between Boeing Defence Australia and RUAG Australia replaces work previously done in the US.
SEA to extend NSIPS to Queen Elizabeth-class carriers and Type 45 destroyers
A systems integration contract for UK RN submarines is being extended to major surface vessels.
USN exercises option for two more Navajo-class rescue and salvage ships
Austal USA is to build two additional Navajo-class towing, salvage and rescue ships for the USN, after Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) exercised a $156.17 …