Kongsberg, Patria to acquire AIM Norway
Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace (KDA) has entered into an agreement with the Norwegian Ministry of Defence for the purchase of Aerospace Industrial Maintenance Norway (AIM Norway).
AIM Norway is the Norwegian armed forces' organisation for maintenance, overhaul and upgrade of air force aircraft and helicopters. Under a further agreement, KDA and Patria have entered into a shared ownershipagreement that will see 50.1% of AIM Norway owned by KDA and the remaining 49.9% by Patria.
Patria will contribute experience and competence within aerospace maintenance, and the two companies will jointly ensure a solid foundation for further development.
AIM Norway has its main operating base at Kjeller and an operative unit at Rygge air station for advanced and heavy maintenance, overhaul and upgrade. Priorities are engine maintenance for the new F-35 aircraft and for Norway’s new AW101 SAR helicopters.
AIM Norway also owns the Belgium Engine Center, with its main operating base in Herstal, outside of Liege in Belgium. From here it provides engine maintenance, repair and overhaul services.
More from Military Logistics
New contract to support the Ardour turbofan is worth more than $1 billion.
A pair of A330s will be converted by Airbus for aerial refuelling, logistical support, humanitarian aid, and medical evacuations.
The latest $1.4 billion contract modification for General Dynamics NASSCO covers a new Expeditionary Sea Base ship and two more John Lewis-class fleet oilers.
New MRO contract between Boeing Defence Australia and RUAG Australia replaces work previously done in the US.
A systems integration contract for UK RN submarines is being extended to major surface vessels.
Austal USA is to build two additional Navajo-class towing, salvage and rescue ships for the USN, after Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) exercised a $156.17 …