Penn State Health receives H155 helicopter
Penn State Health Life Lion Critical Care Transport has taken delivery of a new Airbus H155 helicopter.
Developed by Airbus as part of its Dauphin family of helicopters, the H155 is now one of three owned by Penn State Health.
The dual-engine helicopter features a large interior cabin, allowing for more crew members and medical specialists to accompany patients and administer care.
About 30% of Life Lion’s flights are trauma-related and the other 70% are inter-hospital transfer of both patients and organs for transplant. All Life Lion aircraft are equipped with instruments that allow for safe flight in low visibility conditions.
Life Lion serves south-central Pennsylvania, while also transporting patients to hospitals in other states, including New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia and Ohio.
As the civil rotorcraft sector looks to turn the corner after a tumultuous few years, officials from European OEMs present at Helitech International were keen ...
Helibras has delivered two H135 helicopters configured for offshore operations to Líder Aviação, Airbus Helicopters announced on 11 October. The helicopters, ordered earlier this year, ...
The official Helitech International 2018 Daily News – Day Two is now available to read online. View the digital edition here and PDF version here.
Kopter Group took the opportunity to showcase its prototype SH09 helicopter at Helitech International at the RAI in Amsterdam, liveried in colours of its delivery ...
Airbus Helicopters Canada has delivered an H125 single-engine helicopter to Newfoundland Helicopters, the company announced on 11 October. This is the first Airbus Helicopters aircraft ...
The official Helitech International 2018 Daily News – Day One is now available to read online. View the digital edition here and PDF version here.