DSEI 2021: The story so far and what’s coming on Day 1
Shephard Media is delighted to be back on the live show news circuit this week at DSEI 2021 — and our team of journalists have already been busy bringing you news and insight related to themes and technologies being explored at the event.
Highlights of our coverage so far include:
- Airbus aims to engage with the UK RAF New Medium Helicopter programme
- RAF optimism that it has overcome cost issues with procurement of the Protector UAV
- Hanwha Defense targets participation in a major British Army programme
- a new data link product from UK company Enterprise Control Systems
- an overseas debut for the Centaur UGV from Teledyne FLIR
- recent developments with the Leonardo BriteCloud decoy
- Aeralis adds two key partners to its integrated design team
- an op-ed on the recent flurry of M&A activity in the UK defence industry
- the first-ever trade show for the Polaris MRZR Alpha
- a video interview with Dr Michael Holden on what to expect from the DSEI Space Hub this year
News to come on Day 1 includes an interview with BMT about a new highly autonomous naval concept plus reports from Chris Foss on the latest CV90 turret system and the 40mm Case Telescoped Armament System.
News to come on Day 1 includes an interview with BMT about a new highly autonomous naval concept, while keynote speeches include technological aspects of the UK Integrated Review for the British Army (Lt Gen Chris Tickell, Deputy Chief of the General Staff).
Additionally, Matt Smith, Director of Analysis at Shephard Media, chairs a session in the Naval Zone on ‘Operational Advantage: Digitising, Automating and Enhancing the Lethality of the Royal Navy’.
In the air domain, senior RAF officials and industry executives discuss ‘The Next Generation Air Force – Integrated for Advantage, Across all Domains, In Partnership with Industry’.
Don’t forget to catch up all our DSEI news and analysis this week on our special free-to-view show microsite.
More from DSEI 2021 News
HMS Prince of Wales launches Banshee target drone in landmark demo
Banshee target drones could be used by the RN for experimentation of future sensors, weaponry and radio equipment.
DSEI 2021: Horizon Technologies closes DSEI with $1 million sale
Horizon Aerospace Technologies, a subsidiary of Horizon Technologies, finished DSEI with the announcement of a $1 million sale of its FlyingFish system.
DSEI 2021: Jankel and Bodytrak seek good vibrations
UK partners combine in a bid to mitigate the physical burden on armoured vehicle crews.
DSEI 2021: Raytheon Anschütz firms up UK footprint
The Warship Integrated Navigation and Bridge System from Raytheon is already installed on the RN's Daring-class Type 45 destroyers — but the company has broader ambitions.
DSEI 2021: Arnold Defense notches next stage of Fletcher development
Arnold Defense has announced the next stage of development for their Fletcher rocket launcher.
DSEI 2021: Bridging module embodies rapid deployability
A bridge mounted on a Boxer vehicle was one of the most prominent equipment displays at DSEI this year.