New VTOL UAS would combine Leonardo’s airframe experience with Northrop Grumman’s knowledge of autonomous UAV technology.
DSEI 2021: The story so far and what’s coming on Day 1
Shephard Media is delighted to be back on the live show news circuit this week at DSEI 2021 — and our team of journalists have already been busy bringing you news and insight related to themes and technologies being explored at the event.
Highlights of our coverage so far include:
- Airbus aims to engage with the UK RAF New Medium Helicopter programme
- RAF optimism that it has overcome cost issues with procurement of the Protector UAV
- Hanwha Defense targets participation in a major British Army programme
- a new data link product from UK company Enterprise Control Systems
- an overseas debut for the Centaur UGV from Teledyne FLIR
- recent developments with the Leonardo BriteCloud decoy
- Aeralis adds two key partners to its integrated design team
- an op-ed on the recent flurry of M&A activity in the UK defence industry
- the first-ever trade show for the Polaris MRZR Alpha
- a video interview with Dr Michael Holden on what to expect from the DSEI Space Hub this year
News to come on Day 1 includes an interview with BMT about a new highly autonomous naval concept plus reports from Chris Foss on the latest CV90 turret system and the 40mm Case Telescoped Armament System.
News to come on Day 1 includes an interview with BMT about a new highly autonomous naval concept, while keynote speeches include technological aspects of the UK Integrated Review for the British Army (Lt Gen Chris Tickell, Deputy Chief of the General Staff).
Additionally, Matt Smith, Director of Analysis at Shephard Media, chairs a session in the Naval Zone on ‘Operational Advantage: Digitising, Automating and Enhancing the Lethality of the Royal Navy’.
In the air domain, senior RAF officials and industry executives discuss ‘The Next Generation Air Force – Integrated for Advantage, Across all Domains, In Partnership with Industry’.
Don’t forget to catch up all our DSEI news and analysis this week on our special free-to-view show microsite.
More from DSEI 2021 News
Shephard understands that Greece will decide on its frigate requirement by the end of this year.
SubSea Craft's VICTA diver delivery unit has begun sea trials. Surface trials will be undertaken first, with subsurface trials due to start in 2022.
Consolite has been awarded a contract to supply lighting systems for Type 31 frigates.
UK SME Blue Bear has put a 20-drone swarm through its paces.
Following a USV demonstration with Dstl, Elbit Systems UK CEO Martin Fausset speaks exclusively to Shephard about the work.