Rheinmetall, FRAEN to establish JV in US
Rheinmetall has partnered with FRAEN to establish a joint venture (JV) in the US, the company announced on 27 May.
The JV called Rheinmetall Fraen Fuzes (RFF) will develop and produce military fuzes. Rheinmetall will hold a 51% share in the new company, with the remaining 49% held by FRAEN. The JV will be collocated with FRAEN headquarters in Reading, Massachusetts.
Rheinmetall will provide its defence engineering experience to the partnership, while FRAEN will bring expertise in precision fabrication of mechanical and electrical elements, as well as its automated production sequences with integrated quality control experience.
The new company constitutes a key element in the ongoing expansion of Rheinmetall’s Weapon and Ammunition division in the US, and is an integral part of its strategy of securing existing and future US procurement orders in the weapon and ammunition domain.
More from Military Logistics
New contract to support the Ardour turbofan is worth more than $1 billion.
A pair of A330s will be converted by Airbus for aerial refuelling, logistical support, humanitarian aid, and medical evacuations.
The latest $1.4 billion contract modification for General Dynamics NASSCO covers a new Expeditionary Sea Base ship and two more John Lewis-class fleet oilers.
New MRO contract between Boeing Defence Australia and RUAG Australia replaces work previously done in the US.
A systems integration contract for UK RN submarines is being extended to major surface vessels.
Austal USA is to build two additional Navajo-class towing, salvage and rescue ships for the USN, after Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) exercised a $156.17 …