Thales to form Indian joint venture
India’s ‘Make in India’ initiative has chalked up a new success, with Thales and Reliance Defence Limited announcing their intent to form an Indian Joint Venture (JV).
Thales will hold 49 percent of the JV, with Reliance to hold the remaining 51 percent.
As part of Thales’ Rafale offset commitments, the JV will develop Indian capabilities to integrate and maintain radar and electronic warfare sensors. This will include the development of skills and activity in the Special Economic Zone of Mihan-Nagpur together with an Indian supply chain for the manufacturing of microwave technologies and high performance airborne electronics.
Patrice Caine, chairman and CEO, Thales, said: ‘We are delighted to seal this strategic collaboration with Reliance Defence Limited. This JV resonates with our strategy to strengthen our industrial footprint in the country by building collaborations with the Indian industry. It reaffirms our commitment to India, and our active contribution to ‘Make in India’.’
More from Digital Battlespace
Thales lands second major European order for SquadNet soldier radios
Austria has followed Belgium in selected Thales' SquadNet tactical radios for its armed forces.
EU Commission invites tenders for new satellite constellation with military applications
The European Commission has launched an invitation tender for a contract to implement the EU satellite constellation dubbed IRIS² (Infrastructure for Resilience, Interconnectivity and Security by Satellite).
New US developer LightRidge to take on air and space sensor markets
The private-equity backed firm combines the businesses of space payloads specialist GEOST and airborne sensor manufacturer Ophir.
Northrop Grumman hones US Space Force satellite design in virtual environment
The company has applied its Highly Immersive Virtual Environment technology to the design process of polar overwatch satellites ordered by the US Space Force.