Three options remain on the table as Argentina looks to procure wheeled 6x6 armoured personnel carriers.
World-class shoulder launched individual assault munitions from DND (sponsored)
This article is brought to you by Dynamit Nobel Defence
High demand for shoulder launched weapons
Addressing the requirements for lightweight yet highly effective shoulder launched munitions for small tactical units at the individual soldier level, Dynamit Nobel Defence (DND) provides the combat proven RGW series.
RGW (Recoilless Grenade Weapon) is a technologically advanced and unrivalled shoulder launched weapon concept. It encompasses a variety of recoilless, shoulder fired, single-soldier operated, single-use weapons for anti-tank, anti-structure and multipurpose uses. These munitions are designed to be operated against a wide spectrum of targets and offer different firing modes for maximum flexibility. They feature the latest technology developments in the field of interior, exterior and terminal ballistics. Many international armed forces and services have already made the choice to equip their warfighters with DND’s combat-proven munitions.
RGW munitions come in 60mm, 90mm and 110mm calibres. All variants have in common that their warhead is integrated into an even-calibre launch tube, resulting in minimal weapon length and a balanced weight. The weapons work after the Davis Gun principle: A propellant powder is located inside the launch tube between the projectile and a counter mass. On firing, the projectile and the counter mass leave the launch tube in opposite directions resulting in little or no recoil of the weapon. The counter mass is dispersed in a dust cloud within meters of exit. After the projectile has left the launch tube the drag of the projectile is compensated by a small rocket motor. This results in a flat trajectory, a reduced flight to target time and the minimization of crosswind sensitivity.
RGW90 HEAT/HESH – a versatile 90mm anti-tank, anti-structure variant RGWs are one-shot weapons to be fully disposed of after use. All munitions can be safely fired from enclosures and confined space. The required minimum room size is incredibly small, compared to competitor’s systems. It goes without saying that all variants are all-weather and all-climate suitable.
A variety of munition types for various engagement scenarios is available across all three calibers:
- Anti-Tank (Mono and tandem)
- Anti-Personnel (Long range precision airburst / counter defilade)
- Illumination (IR and visual)
Key benefits of RGW design
- Recoilless system: The Davis Gun principle practically eliminates any recoil for the operator and therefore minimizes shooting errors. RGW munitions have full FFE (Fire from Enclosure) capability, which is paramount in urban operations.
- Precision at long combat distances: Due to a flat trajectory, and the rocket motor eliminating effects of cross-winds, first hit probability is excellent across all RGW munition types. Some variants can be fired at ranges of up to 1200 meters.
- Unmatched warhead performance: RGW munitions provide excellent target defeat against armored vehicles and battle tanks, and firepower against opponents behind structural barriers and within fortified positions.
- Easy handling: The firing unit is designed exactly like that of an assault rifle. Firing is as easy as unfolding the pistol grips, operating the safety lever and pulling the trigger. No operator crew is needed and no specialized and dedicatedly trained gunner. Every soldier within the fire team or squad can pick up the weapon immediately and engage the threat on the battlefield. Even under combat conditions and stress.
- Full training support: The easy-handling-concept leads to minimum training time and costs as RGW training can be included into basic training of the military. DND provides excellent training assets and support for achieving and sustaining combat readiness with industry training teams, sub- and full caliber training weapons, handling trainers and 3D virtual simulation systems.
- Cost effectiveness: RGW munitions are 100% maintenance-free. They can be stored throughout the whole life cycle and will be ready out-of-the-box when needed. Because of the minimal shooter training required, and long shelf life of the munitions, there is no necessity of regular restocking of ammunition. One purchase lot of RGW munitions enables combat readiness of many years.
Growing user community
Battlefield complexity in modern theaters is increasing, and so is the need for robust, well-trained and well-equipped small tactical units that can exercise control and fire superiority within areas of operation. Versatile and highly effective shoulder launched assets are part of the required toolkit for such scenarios.
Therefore, demand from international armed forces for our RGW munitions is expanding constantly. Several key customers and partners have recently entered into long-term relationships with DND, and investments into national and international production capabilities have been made. Via joint procurement alliances from the growing user community, or flexible framework agreements, DND can provide RGW munitions in small and large quantities alike. Dynamit Nobel Defence is ready to provide much needed shoulder launched firepower and convincing effect on target to address today’s and tomorrow’s shoulder launched capabilities.
Find out more on www.dn-defence.com
Rheinmetall expands its family of Mission Master vehicles by unveiling Mission Master XT, a new 4x4 autonomous unmanned ground vehicle (A-UGV).
Two new types of antitank weapon have been admitted into the Thai marines.
Vietnam is inducting new bridging systems able to accommodate its newest main battle tanks.
Three FMS customers will obtain the M982 Excalibur 155mm guided shell.
Israeli radar will be used by the German Armed Forces for ground-based reconnaissance and area monitoring.