Asia-Pacific interested in FN Herstal's integrated weapon systems
FN Herstal, a world leader in small arms manufacture, is pleased to announce that it was recently awarded a contract by Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) for K0-1 program including the supply of axially mounted HMP250 pods.
FN Herstal's HMP250 features a .50 cal M3P machine gun and a 250 round ammunition box. Pods with 400 round ammunition box and rocket launchers are also available.
The FN Herstal M3P machine gun is specifically designed for airborne applications and offers the following major features and benefits:
• High firing rate for "short time on target" (1,100 RPM)
• Flash hider for improved accuracy
• Anti cook-off device for full safety and reliability
• Rapid installation
• Left or right feeding
Alongside pod weapon systems, FN Herstal also develops and manufactures weapon mounts and 7.62x51mm cal MAG 58M machine guns in window positions that are of interest to various Asia-Pacific countries for equipping their multi-mission helicopters.
The FN 7.62 pintle weapon system offers the following benefits:
• It is fully mechanical - and thus does not require any electrical power - making firing possible even if the carrier faces problems
• The open bolt firing mode of the 7.62 FN MAG 58M machine gun prevents cook-off, ensuring full safety and reliability
• The 7.62 FN MAG 58M machine gun mounted on a soft mount guarantees outstanding balance during firing, and therefore provides increased accuracy
• The 7.62 FN MAG 58M machine gun can fire up to 1,000 RPM with a wide angle of operation.
• Pintle weapon systems are also available in .50 cal, including an M3M machine gun, for even higher firing rate (1,100 RPM) and firepower and longer effective range.
For all its product range, FN Herstal develops the complete integration of the system together with the helicopter manufacturer or directly with the end user.
Source: FN Herstal
The Czech manufacturer of military weapons, CZ, has displayed its new sniper rifle the CZ TSR for the first time at IDEB in Bratislava. The ...
Czech company, Zetor Engineering, has unveiled its new 4x4 armoured tactical vehicle as the company seeks to pursue the Slovakian Army’s land modernisation programme. Known ...
The Slovakian Ministry of Defence is expected to award Patria with a contract for the production and delivery of a new variant of the company's 8x8 ...
The Austrian Army has concluded winter trials of BAE Systems’ BvS10 ahead of serial production. The first army trials have been completed following the announcement ...
The Czech Army has received the first prototype of a specially configured 4x4 armoured vehicle designed for ISR operations. The vehicle, on display at ...
Marine units of the Russian Navy’s Caspian Flotilla have received a new batch of BTR-82A armoured personal carriers (APC), the Russian Ministry of Defence announced ...