Asia-Pacific interested in FN Herstal's integrated weapon systems
FN Herstal, a world leader in small arms manufacture, is pleased to announce that it was recently awarded a contract by Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) for K0-1 program including the supply of axially mounted HMP250 pods.
FN Herstal's HMP250 features a .50 cal M3P machine gun and a 250 round ammunition box. Pods with 400 round ammunition box and rocket launchers are also available.
The FN Herstal M3P machine gun is specifically designed for airborne applications and offers the following major features and benefits:
• High firing rate for "short time on target" (1,100 RPM)
• Flash hider for improved accuracy
• Anti cook-off device for full safety and reliability
• Rapid installation
• Left or right feeding
Alongside pod weapon systems, FN Herstal also develops and manufactures weapon mounts and 7.62x51mm cal MAG 58M machine guns in window positions that are of interest to various Asia-Pacific countries for equipping their multi-mission helicopters.
The FN 7.62 pintle weapon system offers the following benefits:
• It is fully mechanical - and thus does not require any electrical power - making firing possible even if the carrier faces problems
• The open bolt firing mode of the 7.62 FN MAG 58M machine gun prevents cook-off, ensuring full safety and reliability
• The 7.62 FN MAG 58M machine gun mounted on a soft mount guarantees outstanding balance during firing, and therefore provides increased accuracy
• The 7.62 FN MAG 58M machine gun can fire up to 1,000 RPM with a wide angle of operation.
• Pintle weapon systems are also available in .50 cal, including an M3M machine gun, for even higher firing rate (1,100 RPM) and firepower and longer effective range.
For all its product range, FN Herstal develops the complete integration of the system together with the helicopter manufacturer or directly with the end user.
Source: FN Herstal
The Australian Department of Defence is maintaining its effort to improve mobility, protection and safety for the Australian Army and RAAF. By 2024, the department ...
Australian industry involvement in the Boxer 8x8 Combat Reconnaissance Vehicle build is ramping up, with Precision Metal Group contracted to build the seating frames for ...
Read the first edition of Land Warfare for free in our app or on your desktop. Register below to be sent the download link and ...
Oshkosh Defense was awarded a contract modification worth $407.3 million to provide 1,240 Joint Light Tactical Vehicles (JLTVs), predominantly to the US Army and the ...
FN America will supply M4/M4A1 carbines to the US Army under a contract announced by the US Department of Defense on 13 February. The contract ...
There has been a revival of support in Israel for laser rocket interceptor and boost-phase intercept (BPI) technology. While BPI remains a distant prospect, it ...