DB - Digital Battlespace

Rheinmetall, Rohde & Schwarz form RRS-MITCOS

2nd November 2018 - 13:30 GMT | by The Shephard News Team

RSS

Save this for later

Rheinmetall and Rohde & Schwarz have formed a new joint venture to meet the German military’s requirement for integrated operational and communications systems, Rheinmetall announced on 30 October.

The new company, named Rheinmetall Rohde & Schwarz Military IT and Communications Solutions (RRS-MITCOS), has commenced operations in Berlin following completion of the approval process of the European and national competition authorities and entry into the commercial register.

The two parent companies aim to use RRS-MITCOS to bid for the Bundeswehr’s Digitisation of Land-based Operations programme, which is intended to provide the future digital command system to the German Army. Thousands of vehicles are due to be retrofitted with new technology in the medium term.

In March 2017, Rheinmetall and Rohde & Schwarz formed a partnership that led to the creation of this joint venture where Rheinmetall holds a 74.9% stake and the remaining 25.1% belongs to Rohde & Schwarz.

Back to News

Share to

Linkedin