To make this website work, we log user data. By using Shephard's online services, you agree to our Privacy Policy, including cookie policy.

×
Open menu Search

Farnborough 2012: Industry awaits K-Max decision

8th July 2012 - 07:00 GMT | by Andrew White in Washington, DC

RSS

Lockheed Martin and Kaman Aerospace are awaiting a decision by the US Marine Corps (USMC) as to whether it wishes to extend the deployment of the K-Max UAS for cargo resupply in Afghanistan.

According to K-Max director of business development, Jim Naylor, the existing contract comprising the operation of the twin-rotor platform from Camp Dwyer, is set to conclude in September.

Speaking to Shephard, Naylor said: 'We have until September and then it is up to the USMC and they'll tell us what to do after that.

'We have the ability to extend if they want to but that's a

Already have an account? Log in

Want to keep reading this article?

Read this Article

Get access to this article with a Free Basic Account

  • Original curated content, daily across air, land and naval domains
  • 1 free story per week
  • Personalised news alerts
  • Daily and weekly newsletters
Create account

Unlimited Access

Access to all our premium news as a Premium News 365 Member. Corporate subscriptions available.

  • Original curated content, daily across air, land and naval domains
  • 14-day free trial (cancel at any time)
  • Unlimited access to all published premium news
Start your free trial
Andrew White

Author

Andrew White


Andrew is a former editor of Digital Battlespace and Unmanned Vehicles magazines. Andrew joined Shephard …

Read full bio

Share to

Linkedin