After years spent without securing A400M export business, Airbus is optimistic that an order from Kazakhstan will change the fortunes of the programme.
NAVAIR orders Lot 15 F-35s
Lockheed Martin has obtained a $2 billion modification contract from US Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) in the US.
Under the modification to a previously awarded fixed-price incentive advance acquisition contract. Lockheed Martin will manufacture and deliver 16 Lot 15 production F-35 Lightning II aircraft, comprising ten F-35As for the USAF and six F-35Bs to the USMC.
Lockheed Martin will perform most of the work in Texas, with completion expected in May 2026.
Some 40% of the funds come from the USN FY2021 aircraft procurement budget with the remaining 60% from USAF FY2021 aircraft procurement funds, the DoD noted in a 24 September announcement.
More from Air Warfare
Advanced heat-seeking air-to-air missile to equip RAF Typhoons in 2022 and RAF/RN F-35s in 2024.
US Army awarded a cost-plus-fixed-fee contract for the replacement of JASSM Control Actuation System.
Kongsberg confirms order to arm Norwegian F-35s with the multirole variant of the Naval Strike Missile.
Leonardo claims to have obtained the world’s first military certification for a rotary-wing tactical UAS in the 200kg weight class.
NAVAIR awards Lockheed Martin a contract to support flight tests and capabilities for the most advanced version of the F-35.