RH - Rotorhub

Leonardo to form JV in Algeria

28th March 2019 - 10:30 GMT | by The Shephard News Team

RSS

Save this for later

Leonardo and the Algerian Ministry of National Defence are setting up a joint venture (JV) in Algeria for the local assembly, support and training of Leonardo helicopters, the company announced on 25 March.

The Algerian government will own 51% of the JV, while the remaining 49% will be owned by Leonardo. The facility, scheduled to become operational in 2021, will be headquartered in a new industrial facility at Aïn Arnat in the Sétif Province of Algeria.

The agreement follows an industrial and trade partnership agreement signed in August 2016.

The JV will assemble, sell and support several helicopter models, primarily to meet Algeria’s national requirements, but also for the export market.  It will also provide the end users with technical support, maintenance and training services and capabilities.

Back to News

Share to

Linkedin