Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC) To Focus on Industry Safety
The Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS) will hold its annual Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC) in Minneapolis, Minn, at the Minneapolis Convention Center on October 20 – 22nd.
The AMTC is an internationally recognized educational conference and trade show that provides air medical transport professionals a venue to present and exchange information on the latest developments and advancements in the air medical transport industry.
In light of the accident rate experienced by the air medical community in the past 12 months, this annual conference will put a specific focus on safety in air medicine in Minneapolis. The conference will feature:
• Two aviation flight simulators on the exhibit floor
Booth 1045 – Flight Safety International will be featuring the first ever aviation flight simulator for a Eurocopter AS 350.
Booth 112 – Mayo Medical Transport System will be featuring its own flight simulator produced in concert with Aero Simulators.
• Many safety related products and consulting services on the exhibit floor including Safety Technologies (i.e NVG’s, TAWS, Weather Reporting), Risk Assessment Programs and Safety Training Programs
• A program on FAA Accident Investigations with Hooper Harris, Manager of the FAA’s Accident Investigations Division, on Monday morning.
• The National Association of Communications Specialists (NAACS) is offering certification courses: Certified Flight Communicator and Advanced Flight Communicator.
• The National EMS Pilots Association (NEMSPA) is offering a Helicopter ATP Preparation course all day Sunday.
• The Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS) is offering a special pre-conference workshop entitled, “360 Degrees of Safety” on Sunday afternoon.
• The Commission on Accreditation of Air Medical Transport Services (CAMTS) is offering a course on “Creating a Culture of Quality and Safety” on Sunday afternoon.
• Research presentations will be given on several safety topics all day on Monday.
• Tuesday’s General Session will feature ABC World News Aviation Analyst John Nance
• A wide selection of courses on safety topics including but not limited to:
o Special IFR in EMS 4.0
o Multiple Aircraft Incidents
o Utilization of Night Vision Goggles in HEMS Operations
o Post Accident Incident Plan (PAIP) – A Community Affair
o Aviation Roundtable
o Air Traffic Control in an EMS Environment
o A Co-Pilot in the Communications Center: A Novel Approach to Staff Development.
o Hospital Helipads
o Decisions, Decisions, Decisions – Critical Thinking and Decision-Making in Air Medical and Critical Care Transport
o Air Medical Resource Management (AMRM) for ACS
o Simulation Based Training for Aeromedical Critical Care
o Family Assistance following Aviation Accidents
o Learning through Technology: Integrating Simulation into Air Medical Education
o The REACH Preflight Risk Assessment Program
o Presentation on recent study on HEMS accident statistics being conducted by Dr. Ira Blumen
o National Standards for the Communication Center
o The Development of a Quality Program for the Communication Center
o Report of the ASTNA Safety Survey
o A Safe Ride to a Soft Bed
o Systems Approach to Procedural Safeguards in the Communication Center
o Aviation Safety Action Program
o FAA Update
o Integrating Risk Management Principles into Your Transport Program
Day 3 Highlights from Vertical Flight Expo & Conference 2019. Video by Reed Exhibitions.
SEI Industries has demonstrated its new Bambi Bucket at Vertical Flight Expo this week. It’s a brand that has become synonymous with helicopter aerial firefighting. ...
Robert Garbett, chief executive for Drone Major, gave an in-depth discussion on the different threat levels that drones now present to aircraft operators and industry ...
With 30 years’ experience in military helmet-mounted display systems, Thales has introduced a new Head Worn Display & Targeting Mission Kit specifically designed for Law ...
Tech-Tool Plastics produces a range of replacement windows for Bell, Airbus Helicopters, MD Helicopters, Robinson and Schweizer, and it had a selection of its products ...
Highlights from Day 2 of this year's Vertical Flight Expo & Conference in Farnborough, UK. Video by Reed Exhibitions.