To make this website work, we log user data. By using Shephard's online services, you agree to our Privacy Policy, including cookie policy.

Open menu Search

PARIS 2009: 12,400 aircraft needed in 20- to 149-seat market between 2009-2028 says Bombardier

15th June 2009 - 20:07 GMT | by The Shephard News Team


Bombardier Aerospace has announced its commercial aircraft market forecast from 2009 to 2028 and expects 12,400 deliveries in 20- to 149-seat market. The total is 500 fewer than the company forecast last year for the 2008-2027 period.

Marketing vice-president Philippe Poutissou split the overall forecast into three segments. He predicted 300 aircraft needed in the 20- to 59-seat segment, 5,800 in the 60- to 99-seat segment and 6,300 in the 100- to 149-seat segment.

The current fleet between 20 and 149 seats numbers 11,500. With 6,900 forecast retirements over the period, plus the 12,400 deliveries, the 2028 fleet in this area will number 17,000.

“We expect 44% of the overall total to be used for new market growth, with the other 56% for replacement of aircraft being removed from the fleet,” Poutissou explained.

Of the 12,400 total, Poutissou predicted that 2,300 would be turboprops, which would represent 38% of the deliveries across the two segments between 20 and 99 seats.

Bernie Baldwin, editor, Low-Fare & Regional Airlines/

The Shephard News Team


The Shephard News Team

As part of our promise to deliver comprehensive coverage to Premium News and Defence Insight …

Read full bio

Share to